Bones Pro 4.7 mirror weights problem

Bones Pro 4.7 mirror weights problem

Postby adamzeliasz » 27 Feb 2015 16:02

I have half my character weighted correctly, but when I "Mirror Bones" it seems to mirror incorrectly. In the example I don't have any animation applied. The first screen shot shows the weighting on the right breast. The middle screenshot shows the correct weighting on the left breast. The bottom shows the result after applying the "Mirror Bones" button. Thoughts?
Attachments
ss.jpg
ss.jpg (561.59 KiB) Viewed 9450 times
adamzeliasz

Re: Bones Pro 4.7 mirror weights problem

Postby adamzeliasz » 03 Mar 2015 22:28

Same problem with a new bones pro modifier added. This is what the skinning looks like prior to pressing the Mirror button:
Attachments
a.jpg
a.jpg (116.89 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
adamzeliasz

Postby adamzeliasz » 03 Mar 2015 22:29

This is what happens to the skinning AFTER I hit the Mirror button:
Attachments
b.jpg
b.jpg (117.84 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
adamzeliasz

Postby adamzeliasz » 03 Mar 2015 22:30

And here is the skinning on the other side when I select the bone:
Attachments
c.jpg
c.jpg (117.6 KiB) Viewed 9220 times
adamzeliasz

Postby adamzeliasz » 03 Mar 2015 22:41

Its frustrating because I spent hours weighting and it's not mirroring correctly. Any thoughts? Thanks.
adamzeliasz

Postby adamzeliasz » 03 Mar 2015 22:46

Also, how do you mirror the Dual-Quaternion weighting that I've painted? Thanks.
adamzeliasz

Postby Igor Posavec » 04 Mar 2015 15:29

Hi!
Public forum is mostly used by users, we deliver 24h support to the customers through our official support mail (as stated in your purchase confirmation).
Our 3d-plugin support is constantly located at info@3d-plugin.com, you can never missed us there. One of tech or support guys will respond within shortest time even if i am out of house and your mail will not be skipped. But i can always miss you in this forum, facebook, tinder, instragram and whatsapp, if you understand what i mean :)

Now back to the questions, i will answer a part of it here directly.

Topic 1 "Mirroring the breast". We have analyzed the images and the description and we do not see any problem. You show on the image 1 the small radius of bone influence on the left breast, you select then on image 2 the right breast which has a bigger radius, and press "mirror" it to the left side (where the radius is small). On the image 3 we see how the left influence radius got as large as on the right side, which you have chosen to be the master value which should be copied. You have copied the values from the right side of the screen to the left side (from the characters left breast to his right, as the arrows indicate). Where is a problem, BonesPro just does what you told to it?

Second Questions is the same - we do not understand what is happening. The right leg on the screen gets its values mirrored to the other side. If you have doubt please try next time to attach us the 3d scene in the email so we can take a look at it instead of trying to encrypt screenshots.

Case 4 - Mirror DualQuaternion has been added to the next version, it seems this feature slipped through in the last release.

thanks!
best regards
--
igor posavec
CEO, 3d-io games & video production GmbH
igor@3d-io.com
Igor Posavec
3d-io staff member

Postby adamzeliasz » 04 Mar 2015 15:41

I posted in here thinking that it might be helpful to other users who might be experiencing the same problem, or maybe they had this issue but found a resolution. But I'll keep in mind emailing support directly next time. :)

Whats happening in both tries is that my weighting is changing after I click the Mirror button. In the thigh example; the 1st screenshot shows my initial weight setup, the 2nd shows that bones weighting AFTER I clicked the mirror button (you'll see that some of my verticies are now at 100%, red in color. Those verticies were not weighted at that percentage like in the 1st screenshot), so it seems that the mirror button changes my initial weighting. That's where Im having issues, the Mirror button changes my original weighting slightly.
adamzeliasz

Postby Igor Posavec » 04 Mar 2015 16:18

ok, can you send us please the scene to the email, or at least the part of the scene so we can try to recreate it? What you write should not happen nor i could make such test case here?
thanks!
--
igor posavec
CEO, 3d-io games & video production GmbH
igor@3d-io.com
Igor Posavec
3d-io staff member

Return to BonesPro