[RESOLVED] Bones Pro Vertices Selection Problem

[RESOLVED] Bones Pro Vertices Selection Problem

Postby KHM3dia » 27 Jun 2014 11:07

So recently i had my character containing 6 different meshes altogether. The body, head, 2 hand and 2 legs. I created the rig and fully skinned it but when i tried to animated it some of the vertices wouldnt be in the right place and it made it difficult to redo them. So i scrapped this idea and merged everything into 1 mesh, of course i connected all the vertices as well. When i tried to re importing bones pro to start all over again, i couldnt select any of the vertices. I could edit bone weights and paint, but no vertices selection. I tried resetting xform on the mesh, changing from poly mode to mesh and back to poly but no luck. Anyone got any ideas how to fix this?
KHM3dia

Re: Bones Pro Vertices Selection Problem

Postby Igor Posavec » 27 Jun 2014 14:05

Hi KHM

thanks for the post.
It is hard for me to understand what is going on by only reading the forum post. In order to come to conclusion what you have setup in a wrong way i would need a model or at least 2 parts of it which does not work. Is it possible for you to send us at info@3d-plugin.com (i assume you are a customer) - so we can go thought it and send you the visual feedback what was missed?
--
igor posavec
CEO, 3d-io games & video production GmbH
igor@3d-io.com
Igor Posavec
3d-io staff member

Postby dr grim » 23 Jul 2014 14:11

It seems there is a polycount limit that will render vertex selection impossible. Try CTRL-A and see if vertices appear.

Similar discussion can be found at: http://forum.3d-plugin.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1084
dr grim

Postby dr grim » 23 Jul 2014 18:06

Hm, I did something similar to what OP did but kept separated elements and selecting vertices is almost impossible on certain parts of the mesh. For example, the legs of the character are ok but selecting any vertex from the shirt that falls down (like it's dangling) doesn't work. You can always select by elements and start reducing but it seems certain vertices can't be selected unless your viewport faces a particular direction. It's practically unusable I'd say and makes everything slow to a crawl.
dr grim

Postby Igor Posavec » 24 Aug 2014 00:50

see topic:
viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1084

thanks
best regards
--
igor posavec
CEO, 3d-io games & video production GmbH
igor@3d-io.com
Igor Posavec