[IN WORK] Need Updated Unwrella Procedure

[IN WORK] Need Updated Unwrella Procedure

Postby Luxozu » 26 Feb 2015 03:20

As of Maya '15 and Unwrella 3.02, the procedure seems to have changed. The Unwrella menu is found under "Create UV's", has no tabs such as in the Tutorial vids, and most critically - doesn't appear to have an "Apply" button.

After hitting "Unwrap" I am given what appears to be a UV Snapshot (black background/white UV lines in Render View - not sure what else it could be) of the wrap it WOULD make, however it is never applied to the OBJ itself. The original map is still applied to the object, and the new map that is supposed to be created is not found anywhere.

All the tutorials using Unwrella appear to be severely outdated - using what appears to be Maya 8 (yikes!)

I would love to know where the heck the apply button ran off to.
Luxozu

Re: Need Updated Unwrella Procedure

Postby Luxozu » 04 Mar 2015 01:35

Still need it...
Luxozu

Postby Igor Posavec » 04 Mar 2015 16:16

Hello user,

The only think i can answer for sure after reading your mail is: yes, Autodesk has changed a lot in Maya in the last years. If you are a regular Maya user, then you will easily find the shifted Maya pieces of the interface (almost every Maya user i know knows exactly where the Maya UV Panel has been moved in the latest version, where to change the color and so on). If you are not a regular maya user, then you may have indeed a problem to find what Autodesk has moved around.

We will try to do another video with later maya version interface for the new maya users.

ps. Your "critical bug - the name is now 'Unwrapp' and not 'Apply'!!!" is not your serious question, isn't it? :)

thanks
best regards
--
igor posavec
CEO, 3d-io games & video production GmbH
igor@3d-io.com
Igor Posavec
3d-io staff member

Postby lensflair » 10 Nov 2016 14:20

bump... :(

see the attached image to clarify what luxozu means.

unlike in the old versions of unwrella for Maya, UVs are unwrap and can be seen in UV Texture Editor. However on the unwrella 3, pressing the UNWRAP button produces a snapshot in Render view only but the map of the object was not modified. assigning checker map shows that it uses the default UV layout (unwrap). how can we use the render view snapshot as UV layout? how can we transfer it? that's why we need a tutorial of using unwrella for Maya.

you made a video demo/tutorial how to use the unwrella in 3Ds Max. however, there is no video for unwrella 3 used for Maya. we know that there are lots of differences in the UI in these two 3d software.
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (458.65 KiB) Viewed 13337 times
lensflair

Postby Igor Posavec » 21 Dec 2016 15:07

Hello user

the extensive Maya tutorials are coming, we have just finsihed the new Version and i will incorporate all this Things in the final Video learning material
thanks
best regards
--
igor posavec
CEO, 3d-io games & video production GmbH
igor@3d-io.com
Igor Posavec
3d-io staff member

Return to Unwrella For Maya