licensing error msg when running UV-Packer

licensing error msg when running UV-Packer

Postby treecatt » 25 Nov 2011 07:39

I have installed the trial version of UV-Packer. I am running 3ds Max 2012 x64. When I run UV-Packer I get the following licensing error msg

"Licensing error: Error: No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it 127.0.0.1:9338"
treecatt

Re: licensing error msg when running UV-Packer

Postby Christian Kandler » 25 Nov 2011 15:54

there are two potential resons why your computer might refuse the connection:

1) A desktop firewall or a similar application prevents the two programs (the license manager and the server) from communication with each other. If you are using such an application check your rule definitions regarding the executables 3dsmax.exe and ActiveLockServerV2.exe

2) The licensing system is not running at all. Go to Start -> Run -> type services.msc and press enter. In the list that shows up you should see a line for the 3d-io License Server. Is the status for that set to 'Started' and is the startup type set to 'Automatic'?
If the service is not started, try to start it. It should be set to automatic so that it starts every time windows is started.
Christian Kandler
3d-io staff member

Postby treecatt » 26 Nov 2011 21:27

The service was not running even though set to automatic. I started the service and no longer get the error msg. I will try rebooting my computer and verify it automatically starts.

Thanks for you help.

Dan
treecatt

Postby Igor Posavec » 26 Nov 2011 21:29

ok, write if it is ok

thanks
best regards
--
igor posavec
CEO, 3d-io games & video production GmbH
igor@3d-io.com